The Regional Chambers of Commerce and Industry of Western Australia have been a huge supporter of Small Business Day. If you are looking for some ideas to help your town celebrate next year, please read on!
For further information please contact: Kitty Prodonovich email@example.com
Denmark Chamber of Commerce
- The Chamber in partnership with the Chamber of Blessings is planning on holding a business on the street day, where local business owners can put a table in front of their shop and showcase what they are doing.
- We will also aim to get everyone dressing up - possibly in the small business day colours – through our soon to be erected community wardrobe.
Kalgoorlie Boulder Chamber of Commerce
- Our small business day plans will be extended over the month of October as we have a very busy weekend on the actual day with a local mines rescue competition most of the towns involved with.
- Thu 11th October, Full Day Workshop: Geared to Go - From an idea, all the paperwork, registration process, applications, business planning, marketing, financial management and resources to get you from Start-to-finish.
- Wed 17th October, Evening workshop: Networking Your Way Around the Room Brush up on your skills, gets some great tips and feel refreshed with the confidence to walk into a room full of fellow business people. Network and sell your business, products and services and get the most out of an event.
- Thu 18th October, Evening event: Small Businesses will receive an Exclusive invite to Members only Business After Hours event. And anyone whom attends the Networking workshop will also be invited.
- Mon 22nd October: Customer Service Workshop As we approach the busiest time of year (Christmas) make sure your customer service skills are on point. Send your staff along and get the most out of your business in the lead up to the busy period. Know your customers are walking away happy with the customer service they have received.
Karratha & Districts CCI
- KDCCI are holding their Business Excellence Awards on that day.
- We are focusing on running a campaign to promote Small Business Day in Esperance – we will be using Social Media and the hashtags #esperancebiz and #esperancefirst
- We will also be sharing the website link and encouraging businesses to use the resources in their social media and at their business premises – and we will send info and links through to our local and regional paper and radio contacts and ask them to do some promotion as well.
- October is also ‘Pink Up Your Town’ and some of the local businesses look like they will be doing some great things around pinking up their premises so it could all tie in nicely and really encourage locals and visitors to head into the local shops and spend their dollars.
Port Hedland CCI
- At the Chamber/Web we will be hosting: Launching Your Small Business & Small Business Development- Panel Discussion
- Thoughts were that we could have FREE coworking for the day & maybe a meet the panel style event, we have invited some key stakeholders to come on board with sponsorship. We have also invited panel speakers (winners of this year’s BOYA awards, RSM, C-RES & TOPH ) to give a brief on their small business story & for RSM, C-RES & TOPH an insight into what they are able to offer.This will be a catered event with free coworking offered afterward.(This will be run the day before WA Small Business Day 26th October).
- Here at the Albany Chamber we have teamed up with City of Albany, Business Great Southern, Albany Business Centre GSDC and RDA.
- Between 8am and 12 noon on the 27th of October, we are setting up in town at the farmer’s market where we will offer our support and share knowledge, experience or resources with people who come by, not to mention helping connect people with individuals, organisations, businesses etc that could be catalysts for change or improvement. We are going to be setting up a co-hosted Facebook event page so we can increase awareness and keep everyone in the loop.
- The City is going to be offering information on who is who in the City of Albany Zoo, along with a checklist of information that people need to bring when applying for things/permissions etc.
- The Chamber is going to be offering access to, training, memberships and will be there for general information and networking
- Business Great Southern will be offering access to online resource packs that we have created, the chance to sign up early for upcoming workshops, access to the newsletter and appointments with advisors
- Albany Business Centre will be offering their work spaces, newsletter sign up and advisory
- GSDC will offer information on procurement information along with information on grants process
- We have also invited a few of our successful Business award winners to share their success in small business and their knowledge on how to be sustainable in our current economy.
- We are looking at shop owners having tables out the front of their shop premises for Small Business Day and printing posters and stickers to hand out with sponsorship from our local Bendigo bank.
- The event application is coming under the Chambers insurance and event application as a collaborative application for 2 main streets here in Collie.
- Saturday 27th October is WA Small Business Day. To celebrate the event, the Newman Chamber along with 6New Radio will be at the Town Square from 9.00am to 12.00 noon. We will be interviewing local businesses, as well as providing a free sausage sizzle and face painting. We will also be providing 200 cloth bags on the day, courtesy of BHP with advertising and discount vouchers from local businesses.
- Participation in this event is free. We would like to see as many businesses as possible involved with the event. Are you keen to be interviewed on the day? Are you able to provide us with 200 discount vouchers for bags or advertising material. If so we would be keen to hear from you. Radio spots will be limited so get in quick.
Donnybrook-Balingup Chamber of Commerce
- Holding an informal sundowner to celebrate Small business Day for members and non-members on Friday the 26th.